Jake is an attorney licensed to practice in both North Carolina and California, and he works out of the firm’s Asheville office. He has experience helping individuals and small businesses solve their problems through advice and consultation, negotiation, and litigation.
He graduated from Vanderbilt University Law School, where he had a Law and Business concentration, including a focus on intellectual property. During his time there, he interned at the Securities and Exchange Commission headquarters in Washington, DC as a part of the Student Honors Program.
Prior to law school, he dove into the business world with two years at an internet startup in his hometown of Chattanooga, Tennessee. He also has experience running an independent online retailer in the outdoor industry. He stays involved in the business community with a general counsel and startup-focused law practice.
He has a Bachelor’s degree in economics cum laude from Georgetown University. He lives in the Montford neighborhood of Asheville with his partner Betsy. When not in the office, you can find Jake at a startup event, on a local running trail, or trying a new restaurant downtown.
- North Carolina Bar License # 50272
- California Bar License # 300377
- Member – 28th Judicial District Bar
- Board Member – Mountain Sports Festival
- Volunteer Attorney – Pisgah Legal Services
Vanderbilt University Law School – J.D. 2014
- Dean’s List
- Scholastic Excellence Award – Federal Tax Law
- Research Assistant to Prof. Daniel Gervais
- 2L Moot Court
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Middle Tennessee
Georgetown University – B.A. 2009
- First Honors
- Dept. Honors in Economics